What Happens After the Offer is Accepted:
* The deposit cheque has to be received by the seller's agent and it will be deposited into the sellers' office trust account until closing.
* Any conditions eg. financing and home inspection must be carried out and waived by the buyer for the deal to 'firm up'.
* The agreement will be sent to your lawyer and can also be faxed to your bank or mortgage broker.
* Before closing contact your telephone, gas, hydro, cable companies. Also arrange to have the security sytem transferred if that is part of the deal. Notify the post office of your change of address. * Get the new house insured and send details to your lawyer before closing *
* If you are moving from an apartment you'll have to arrange to book an elevator for the move.
* Arrange for a mover for the day of the move and it should be their 1st move of the day. They will arrive about 8:30 in the morning and the move out will take about 2 to 3 hours. You may have to send the movers for lunch until you can move in at the other end.
* On the move day the seller should be out by 2 or 3 pm and the house should be clean including all appliances and all garbage removed. They should leave any information regarding appliances for the buyer.
The buyer can move in once they've received a call from their lawyer that the deal has closed and they have picked up the keys from their lawyer.
If you are super organized the telephone and cable company will be waiting for you at your new home.